We are always interested in contracting with new therapists. Partnering with individuals who fit well in our organization is one of our top priorities. We also believe that fit works both ways; we want to make sure that our organization is what you are looking for as well. Application instructions are at the bottom of this page.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for therapists who are independently licensed in Michigan with an LPC, LCSW, or Psychologist license and willing to work as independent contractor.
- We have a diverse practice, so the most successful therapists have the ability to work with multiple backgrounds. Niche’s we are always interested adding to our group include, but are not limited to, couples, children, adolescents, transgender population, trauma
- Our referral base includes children, individuals, couples, and families. A therapist does not need to be willing to see all of these categories but should be comfortable in at least two.
- We have found a few key traits that make for a successful contractor:
- Positive Attitude
- Good Sense of Humor
- Strong Work Ethic
What we want you to know about us:
- Wellspring Therapeutic provides some referrals (you will likely find most of your referrals will come from your personal Psychology Today profile), marketing, credentialing, administration, front office support, insurance verification, insurance billing, and office space (and likely any furnishings you will need). All counseling and therapy is provided by independently licensed counselors in the manner they find clinically best for their clients.
- The practice operates using a cloud-based electronic recording keeping system. To comply with insurance requirements, contractors must be able to use electronic medical records.
- We operate electronically wherever possible, therefore therapists will need their own laptop or mobile device of their choice to enter notes, access schedule, access patient files, etc.
- We do not micromanage. If you work better with this style of private practice, we are not the place for you.
- We work hard to have only a few required all staff meetings per year.
- We do not dictate what your schedule is; however, we can tell you times that are most desirable for referrals.
- We believe in a healthy work/life balance. We prefer our full time clinicians to see a range of 25-30 patient’s per week. Beyond that, we believe, it becomes difficult to maintain administrative requirements and have enough mental, emotional and physical energy to keep a rich personal life, and it also likely negatively impacts the quality of care a therapist can realistically provide.
- We do not believe in lots of paperwork; we have tried to streamline our paperwork to only what is necessary.
- We are a group practice; we are not a facility. We operate in accordance with the laws and guidelines of group practices.
- We believe in great places to work. We care about the people working with us and for us. We work very hard to have a positive, affirming work environment. That being said, we do not have organized group outings, ongoing office celebrations, etc. We provide a supportive, professional and friendly place to work, and when your work is complete for the day, we want you to feel free to enjoy your personal life outside of being a rockstar therapist.
- We believe that change is a positive thing. We are continually looking at processes and working towards better ways of doing things. We love suggestions and people willing to think outside of the box.
- We really like our patients and believe that they are why we are here. We believe it is a prlivldege to walk with someone through difficult times and we are honored to be chosen by each patient that comes through our door. We have a strong belief about customer service and how to treat people. Even if we are not the organization for someone, we try to help them on that journey.
- We believe in fit when looking for a therapist. We try very hard to get to know our therapists so that we can refer appropriate clients to them. When we don’t get this right, we try to fix it right away. And because therapists are independent contractors they are never required to take clients.
- We really like what we do and we believe in it. We really like coming to work and smiling.
If all of this sounds great, then please:
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Complete our Therapist Questionnaire
Therapist Questionnaire Applicants who complete the requirements and match our needs will be contacted for a phone screening before an in-person interview.